Spring Break


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Birmingham
March 18th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.5459, -83.2155

We are about to embark on our 4th roadtrip tour of the USA. Once again we are very excited. Even the kids LOVE the roadtrips. They never complain about going. It is one of the greatest things we are doing as a family. This year will be a little different.

We are going down south to and through Ohio, Tennesee, Kentucky (stop), Alabama (stop), Mississippi, Louisiana (stop), Florida (stop), Georgia (stop) and then home. We are going during Spring Break this year because we thought it would be too hot and steamy in the summer. We have a little longer Spring Break so we thought it would be a good time to go (and get to some warm weather). To make up for our summer trip, we have (insanely) rented an RV to do another tour of Michigan. We know NOTHING about RVing and nobody is pooping in it. Ewww.

Anyway, we are doing our mid-trip 5 day stop in Orlando...of course. We have been to Disney 3 times with the kids during their "Disney" phases. They were all little. We actually purchased 7 day passes long ago (When tickets were $40 a day but money was tight) with no expiration. Each time we went, we used a couple of days. Now that they are older and can now go on all of the big rides, we are using the last of our days. Can't wait. Matthew doesn't even remember going. Ben has some freak memory of everything we ever do. Ben and Elizabeth also went more times because they are older.

I hope you will join us on our travels and see what we are up to. I will fade off Facebook and use this as an update each day. There are pictures so you don't have to read every entry. I write a lot because each blog gets turned into a book. I make a hard cover for the family and I've secretly made softcovers for each kid when they grow up (sniff). They never read these in great detail though I don't really care if they know. You know they will otherwise fight over the MY books.

Say hi if you visit the blog. See you Willy Nelson...on the road again!


Advertisement



22nd March 2016

So excited to hear all about this trip. Travel safe love you all! Miss Jen
23rd March 2016

Thinking about you today! The weather here is not nice: cold and gray. Tell Matthew, math test is today at 12:30! What will he be doing??? Drive Safely!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb