Chapter two......Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
August 21st 2010
Published: September 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

hello again peeps,

Welcome to the next chapter, 5hrs north of NYC by bus and we arrived in Boston, home of Harvard University, the red soxs and most importantly the most irish pubs in one town i have ever seen!

We arrived late afternoon on sunday 15th and where greeted by the craziest taxi drive i ever had, this man seemed like a nice bloke(looked abit like the geeza from live and let die, u kno the one riding the train at the end) well anyway, when we pullled away,he cranked his stereo to full and procedded to sway in and ou t of traffic intime with the Rnb booming out of the stereo! Nutter!!

Monday we had a quick look around the local area to get our bearings and soon stumbled across the biggest All saints store i have ever seen, 70% discount you say...go on then, be rude not to have a look! After spending the days budget in All Saints we strolled down to the closest irish pub and got the footie on were i think we stayed for the rest of the day, cant really remember......and i have just remembered that night we walked into a bridal party in a bar just down the road, very reserved until we turned up and showed them how to party, although it was a week night we got them smashed and im pretty sure they had a goodnight......ohh and i nearly hit a fake german, not because he was American/German but because i spoke more German than he did, biggest tool we have met so far so we got a pic of him!!

Tuesday was all about the Red Sox, having spoken to some locals the day before who told us we could probably get on the day tickets for cheap we thought why not. She was right and we managed to get ourselves very good tickets for $40 each. As we are both pretty clueless when it comes to Baseball we didnt know that Fenway Park where the Red Soxs play is the original Baseball ground in the USA, so enjoy that bit of pub trivia!!
For all those that dont kno anything about Baseball let me summarise for ya, each game takes 3hrs, they seem to play the same team all week and and the Americans go crazy for what i saw was alot of swinging and missing and some out field players playing catch with eachother! Needless to say we walked out of there still clueless of who actually won so walked round the corner and got smashed to celebrate our first and last ever baseball game!!

Wednesday was the famous Duck tour. This is basically a bus tour around all the famous land marks of Boston and a quick dip in the river as the buses are amphibious. Well worth a look if you are ever here as the tour guides are crazy and its the cheapest and easiest way to see all the sights that Boston has to offer.

I cant recall doing anything on Thursday apart from Visit a restaurant called Fire & Ice. This place is for all those fatties out there, $17 all you can eat, all the food is uncooked around the edge of the restaurant, pick a bowl, load it up with whatever meats, vegs, pastas and salad (if ur that way inclined) then give it to one of the chefs tending the biggest grill plate i have ever seen, round in shape and must be 10 feet across!! certainly a different way to dine but the food was all good anyway!

Friday was a right off due to a very heavy session the night before and pretty much the whole week of getting on it every night, u didnt think we were being sensible and havin early nights did ya?!?!

Well that was Boston, beautiful city with alot more heritage and culture than i had ever thought and on top of that alot of bars to spend ur well earned traveling budget in!!

As i type this im currently in LA trying to recall what happened in San Francisco, hopefully have that update with ya soon

Until then peaceout.

Matt




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb