Final Launch Sequence


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Needham
December 13th 2011
Published: December 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hit the roadHit the roadHit the road

They loaded up the truck and they moved to... Austin. Texas, that is. Wild fires. Deadly drought.
Hi all,

Here's what's happening:

For the passed couple of weeks we've been doing some packing of books, etc. and our walls are lined with boxes right now. We got rid of a bunch of stuff we don't need any more.

The movers are sending their packing crew in the morning - not too early I hope. They'll pack dishes, glassware and whatever.

Also, during the radon test last week the test showed a higher level of radon than is acceptable. So we have a guy coming to get rid of the radon. It will be interesting to see how that's done. He guarantees this to work for the life of the house.

Then on Wednesday the crew that loads everything on the moving van will be here. And off they'll go to put the stuff in storage until we call them to bring it to our new house in Austin.

So today Lydia and Trixie (her cute dog) spent the day with us. It was fun!!!!!!!!!

On Thursday we'll be visiting Aunt Mary and Uncle Paul in Fall River, MA

On Friday, the closing for the house is set at 9:30 A.M.
Movin' OutMovin' OutMovin' Out

Working too hard can give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack you oughtta know by now.
When we leave there, it's off to South Carolina to visit with Leanne and Ron for a few days.

Getting ready to move is exhausting!!!!!!!!! We'll need a vacation in the sunny south!!

Hope everybody is happy and in good health. Will be in touch again soon.

Our land line phone in the house will be disconnected very soon, so please call our cell phones if you want to reach us. And we'll have our laptop with us so we can get emails.

Take care everybody.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

All the Heavy Looking-OnAll the Heavy Looking-On
All the Heavy Looking-On

Take a load off. This moving stuff'll wear out lesser folks.
Wall-O-BoxesWall-O-Boxes
Wall-O-Boxes

It's in there somewhere.
Larry, Where'd We Pack the Arc of the Convenant?Larry, Where'd We Pack the Arc of the Convenant?
Larry, Where'd We Pack the Arc of the Convenant?

Even Indiana won't be able to help them find their stuff.
One, Two, Three...One, Two, Three...
One, Two, Three...

Errrg! Those guys know what they're doing.
Hello?Hello?
Hello?

Landlines are dead. Plan B!


13th December 2011

Have a safe trip!!!
Keep us posted on your progress!!

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb