Cape Cod


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone. Sally and I just returned from a three day trip to Cape Cod. With summer winding down, we wanted to get this last trip in before we have to leave Connecticut for our drive back to Phoenix. We leave two weeks from next Monday which is September 10th. We will drive to Nashville where my sister has purchased tickets for us all to go to the Grand Ol' Oprey on September 15th. We are discussing a side trip to Branson Missouri but once we get that close to home, Sally may want to head back to Phoenix to see our two Grand-daughters. That's been the hardest part of the summer for Sally as she has really missed the girls terribly. When we left we told them that when school started again, it wouldn't be long until we would be back home. As a result, they have asked us several times when we're coming back home. We have both had a fantastic summer and find it hard to believe that it's almost over. Anyway, back to Cape Cod. The cape is approximately 90 miles long. The town of Sandwich is the beginning of the Cape and Provincetown is out at the end of the Cape. There are restaurants pushing lobster, clam chowder, steamers everywhere as well as the most miniature golf courses that I have ever seen anywhere... The beaches on the Cape are beautiful. There have been numerous sightings of great white sharks off the cape this summer which is the result of an increased seal population. My sister and a friend met us in Provincetown on our second day on the Cape. They took the Ferry over from Plymouth Massachusetts to spend the day with us. Provincetown is an experience in itself. It is the summer playground for the Gay community in Massachusetts. It's about four blocks of shops, some catering specifically to the gay community. On the way back to our hotel we spent some time at Nauset Beach in the upper cape. We saw a seal just off the beach and Sally was really concerned about his safety from sharks. Enjoy the pictures. Our next blog will be from the Grand Ol' Oprey in September.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb