Final Summer Hoorah: Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
August 6th 2010
Published: August 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

TarantaTarantaTaranta

Gab, Gali, Waiter, Seth
In between the conclusion of Seth's summer internship at a Montreal law firm and Gali's start at McGill Medical School we decided to take a trip to Boston and Bermuda with a quick stop in Stowe on the way.

Gali picked me up from work and we headed to Stowe, in Chicklet, Gali's new car. Thankfully, no traffic! Stowe was awesome as always! This short trip involved eating, relaxing and hiking to Sterling Pond.

We left Stowe early in the morning and headed for Beantown. Boston got the name Beantown when it was part of the “triangular trade” in selling molasses and rum, a popular dish at the time were beans baked in molasses hence the name beantown.

We stayed at my buddy Gab's place who lives in a great location in Back Bay. That afternoon we walked around exploring Newbury Street, Boston Commons and the Garden, the Holocaust Memorial, Harvard and Copley Place. It was great until torrential rain started - luckily we were steps away from the Shops at Copley Place so we ran inside and managed to stay dry. From there we went back to Gab's, had some vino and went for dinner in North Boston - their version of Little Italy.

The three of us ate at Taranta (http://www.tarantarist.com/v5/index.html, 210 Hanover Street). It was a Peruvian/Italian fusion restaurant and was DELCIOUS!! A little pricy but worth it as a treat. After dinner we went to Mike's Pastry for the world famous cannollis. We were all full and admittedly, a little tipsy so we enjoyed a few bites and then walked to a nearby tram stop which didn't seem so close at the time.

The next morning we got up and headed for the cruise ship where we met Gali's parents who were disembarking from the cruise we were about to go on. We had breakfast all together and then Gali and I continued to explore a little more of Boston, specifically Qunicy Market, Long Wharf and Faneuil Hall before heading to the cruise ship for our trip to Bermuda.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Wagamama at Quincy Market Wagamama at Quincy Market
Wagamama at Quincy Market

Gali replacing her old favorite (number 27, saien soba) with a possible new one (number 38, yasai itame)
TarantaTaranta
Taranta

Gab, Gali
TarantaTaranta
Taranta

Seth, Gab
MikeMike
Mike

Gab, Seth, Gali


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb