Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
April 26th 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had the slowest morning getting things sorted and finally left about half 11. I waited so long for the bus but got to Harvard. I got lunch then had an hour until the tour so just pottered about. Harvard has a lot of spires - mostly on buildings which used to be churches and some which still are. Harvard is a pretty and relaxing places. I loved the feel of the place. It reminded me a lot of Cambridge back home with the college spread out over the river and the old buildings. The tour was very interesting - taken by a 4th grader called Merren. We were taken round the Harvard yard, which is the most historic part of the school. The tour was very interesting and learnt a lot about the school. Students live above the Head Teachers office and at graduation then have people like Ali G, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates etc come to talk which is amazing. The statue of John Harvard is not actually John Harvard as know one knew what he looked like and all the Head Teachers of the school had a building named after them. One Head Teacher had whore as there last name and they didn't want to tell the parents that their child was staying in whore house so the statue is of the Head Teachers son.

After I walked through the Law School and around I got the bus back and crashed at the hostel. I had phoned Claire (dads cousin) to make contact.


Additional photos below
Photos: 134, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb