Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
September 14th 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After leaving New York I made my way to Connecticut by overland train. I was pretty pumped. I was going to see Ryan again who I had studied with 3 years ago in Hertfordshire, England. I was going to stay with him in Colchester and we were going to go to Boston and New Hampshire if we had the chance.

It was super seeing Ryan again. Whatever awkwardness we had of not seeing each other seemed to disappear in 30 minutes and I felt like it was back to normal - how it was 3 years ago. Ryan was currently living with his parents in a really pleasant place in Colchester.

That evening we had dinner with his family (only his brother Chris was missing) and then we went to Foxwoods and I got a Ben & Jerry’s Ice-cream - since I don’t really know how to gamble.
The next day we left bright and early for Boston.

It was raining when we go to Cambridge, Boston. Ryan’s mum, Jan was really sweet - she had booked us this really nice hotel in Cambridge. She wouldn’t accept any retribution for it.

After checking in we went to the science museum - which was quite big and really had all this cool stuff to touch and play with. Similar to the Science museum in London. It also had this fun electricity demonstration where this guy proved how he could electrocute himself without getting hurt.

We then watched Roaming Mars in the Omni theatre. The Omni theatre was great, amazing surround sound and visuals. Really worth it.

In the evening we took a walk around Boston, past the Cheers bar, through the park nearby and the stadium where the Red Sox play.

Overall I thought Boston was a cute city, and probably really nice to go out and about in or have a beer in a beer garden if it was sunny.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1mb