Halloween 2006


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland
November 1st 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DemonsDemonsDemons

BOO!
Here’s some photos of our first major “shindig” with the international crowd here in Pax. It was kind of a weird way to meet people for the first time. Probably akin to what our German friends, Thomas and Nina went through when they encountered the Jax crowd for the first time at a 70’s costume party!

We were greeted for this party in an impressive foyer of an incredibly big 2 story house by the hosts (French Canadians) Jocelyn and Nicole, who were dressed as the devil and a witch. Clinton and I went as demons. The size of their home was in true keeping with the Canadian services and the way they work their overseas allowances etc. So big that it helped ease our guilty feelings about the size of the one we’re going to rent.

Their house has a huge entrance area and beyond that is a spacious open plan living area, which has a view of the swimming pool out the back and the Potomac River beyond. Overlooking the living area is a full length landing (I think that’s what you’d call it)… kind of like a balcony. It’s hard to convey how ridiculously big the master bedroom is in their house. Easily big enough to hold an aerobics class, or maybe even ride your bike around, although I have no idea why you would need that much room. What I have just described is not including the insane ensuite bathroom. The bathroom’s centerpiece is an enormous 4 person spa bath, flanked on either side by his and hers vanities. I didn’t see the shower, but I imagine it was equally big.

Now with that description in mind, imagine it fully decked out in Halloween decorations! Pretty awesome! Nicole had gone all out on the food as well, with all sorts of clever Halloween-themed dishes. They had some great games organised as well, both for the kids and adults, including a donut eating contest (try and be the first to eat one off the string without using your hands) and the “mummy wrap” (fastest team to wrap and unwrap someone in toilet paper). Clinton and I both won the mens’ and womens’ donut comps. I’m not sure whether we should be proud or not??!! In the end we had a good night… although I’m not sure I’m going to recognize everyone again!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Donut Eating CompetitionDonut Eating Competition
Donut Eating Competition

Now you see it...
Mummy WrapMummy Wrap
Mummy Wrap

Proudly sponsored by Kleenex Toilet Tissue
More FoodMore Food
More Food

Check out some of the labels.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb