Off to Australia!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Baltimore
August 12th 2011
Published: August 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a fairytale wedding and a relaxing week at the beach with the McCarty/Link family - Brian and I started our journey to Australia for Honeymoon Part II. We left for BWI airport at at 4 PM to catch our 6 PM flight to LAX. The plane ride was uneventful - which I guess is the best possible type of plane ride to have!

Upon arriving in LA - we had a couple hours to kill before catching the 15 hour 30 minute flight to Sydney, Australia. The only highlight of this lull was seeing the guitarist, Dave Navarro, in the airport. He's the one who wears a ton of make up and used to be married to Carmen Electra.

Anyway, our flight to Sydney took off at 11:30 PM on Tuesday night. We flew the Australian airline, Qantas - which is absolutely the best airline Brian and I have ever flown on! It was a double-decker airplane, with personal screens on the headrest in front of us that had games to play, TV shows to watch, hundreds of CDs to listen to and over 60 movies to choose from! Luckily, Brian and I were able to sleep for ~8 hours of the flight. During the hours we were awake - we watched movies and Modern Family, ate the two meals that were served (best airplane food as well), ate the snack that was served and had coffee, despite the free alcoholic drinks that we could have had!

I should note that Brian and I officially did not exist on Wednesday, July 27. We left the states on Tuesday, July 26, and arrived in Australia, just 15 hours later, but on Thursday, July 28.

Overall, the trip to Australia was much easier than we anticipated. We slept a good amount of time, ate decent food and made it to the other side of the world with limited turbulence....a great start to what was sure to be a fabulous honeymoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb