Enjoying the Cottage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
August 16th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.9256, -69.4741

We slept well most of the night. When we went to bed, it was so hot. The high on Monday was probably 95. Unheard of for this part of the region. Our bedroom has a window fan in it, plus the main living room where Karen sleeps, also has a window fan.

In the middle of the night, Dad got up to pull the shades down and to close the window. He knew that the temperature would drop during the night. It got down to 75 and it was quite cool most of the day.

Glenn woke up with more of a running nose, deep voice (sexy type) and sore throat. We all stayed in bed til after 9am.

Finally we got up. I did some internet stuff. I even down loaded my photos to Snapfish. Glenn was working on the computer. I think he was doing some monthly financial reports he has to do before the end of the month.

I fixed chicken salad for Glenn with chopped grapes, blueberries served on a bed of lettuce. Karen had banana chips, avocado and something else. I had some carrots, grapes and 1/2 peanut-butter and jelly sandwhich.

Just after lunch, we decided to go for a walk down to the beach/coast area. We were gone for about an hour. Karen waded in the water. It was low tide, lots of beach area. Then we walked to Fort William Henry about 20 minutes down the other road. I took lots of pictures.

We all rested in the afternoon. I took about 1 hour nap, plus I was doing some computer work.

Glenn and I drove to the country grocery store and purchased 1 mango, 1 avocado and 1 pineapple. We also go some cherries and 1 yam (sweet potato).

Glenn grilled out chicken - and ate in the small living area. Glenn grilled the pineapple, he sautéed some spinach and even grilled the yam out. Delicious dinner.

Now we are fixing to play some Zilch!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb