Air Raid


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
June 5th 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Each time the bridge lifts to let a boat through a siren that sounds much like one from concentration camps in movies. There are two bridges right by our dock, our home, the government dock. Its almost become a relaxing sounds as the boat lulls us all to sleep like a child in mothers arms. But an unfortunate side effect as come from this ever so relaxing feeling. Sea legs are being developed and land legs are lost. It hit both Ashely and I at once in a tiny hat shop close to the bay. And now, no matter, sitting, standing or falling off a curb the world is moving and its unnerving. I've written a few entries but after losing my best entry so far to a faulty 'auto-save' function I've lost my passion for this stupid blog. I wrote of this beautiful city and its beautiful people. Of boding between new friends and shipmates. Pubs and restaurants, facts and feelings but it just seems impossible to recreate the entry that the internet stole. So instead you'll get the story from this point forward. If i do have a bit of time I may creep a little backwards but we've got a list of things to do before setting sail tomorrow. I guess i was a little confused with the route we were taking, looks as though we will be going down to New York, New York then up through the Erie Canal. Today we finish swabbing the deck, as my Maryanne status has been upgraded from Gilligan. Thank god. We'll be taking off at high tide tomorrow, we'll miss out on a new friends band playing as well as Chowder Fest. Not a fan of chowder but I would enjoy seeing what a chowder fest looks like. Last night we were invited to dinner at our oldest new friends house. A gorgeous dinner, in a gorgeous house with a gorgeous couple. Which we're all so thankful for. Yesterday Ashely and I were going to go bathe ourselves in a public washroom when we saw a small note neatly tied with string that read 'read me'. It was laid perfectly in the center of a cobble stone pathway between two blooming gardens. We stopped, looked at each other, and saw a group of young kids watching. How Alice in Wonderland-esque, we thought twice then decided to pick it up and bring it to the washroom with us. We hid around the corner and opened it and it said 'you are beautiful, pass it on'. I need to move here. Last night at dinner with our oldest new friend Allen, every person that walked by new the name of Allen's dog and they were all invited in for a beer. Everywhere we go, we see people we've enjoyed and see again and its only been 4 days, speaking of which, Allen just stopped by the cafe we're at and our bartender Tristan is now giving us advice on where to find a good english breakfast. So off we go! <3 Can't wait to write again (thank god my passion is back wee!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb