Wool Sock It Up


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This mission is beginning to feel a little aimless. We've had to make a few adjustments to the itinerary and its wearing on everyones nerves. Tight deadlines shift to a loose but busy dictatorship of sorts. The bitter tone is likely due to the sleep deprivation. Awaiting the captains arrival last night and the suspense of lack of certainty caused heartache and ended in heartfilled drinks and talks. Which shifted to fishing, of course. Epic fishing, fish after fish, pass the rod get a little piece of glory. My second and third prises both gave me my just desserts with a bitter bite to the thumb as i set them back into the watter.

Hiarcies have there purpose, especially on boats but i guess i thought this would be different, this would be a weakened hierarchy between friends. I didn't know what to expect with this journey but it's sure shifted moods and quickly. Blame is not to be placed on one single person as each facets sparkle seemed to crumble all at once. There's hope, that addicting feeling of the glory of a great catch will come back when we hit this great boat to the open water and the sails are pulled taught by the wind.

Today was Portsmouth's 25th Chowder Fest, strange scents swirl around the pier while hundreds of people line up to judge the city's best clammy treat, while a man plays a fiddle at the next pier. Very eastern, very cozy. Although the mood of the town seems to have shifted the more our situation sours. People aren't smiling as big. But it doesn't really matter, we are now setting sail on Monday and with a few drinks comradery will mend itself, even if only temporarily. I'm far too mellow dramatic but you of all people should know that that is how i roll. Especially when running on one hour of rest.
I can hear shouts of an exciting conversation from my little cubby I call home. Perhaps I'll go see what it is. <3

post script, j'adore le sunset >_<

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb