The Maine Engagement Party


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Rebecca and DanRebecca and DanRebecca and Dan

Rebecca and her brother Dan in Eastport
Rebecca's parents live in Maine and wanted to throw us an engagement party. Many of their friends wouldn't be able to come to the wedding and Rebecca's mother wanted to properly celebrate. Sounds good to us!

The party was scheduled for July 5th in Robbinston ME. To get there, Rebecca and I drove from 4 PM Thursday to 4 AM Friday. We took turns and went the whole way straight. Surprisingly, we hit little traffic. These gas prices ($4.30/gallon) and our time of travel must have led to our lack of company on the road. Fine with us.

The visit with her family was great. We attended fireworks in Eastport that night with her family for 4th of July. The town was quaint and the fireworks were right on the water. We sat at the water's edge and watched a very impressive fireworks display. Bravo Maine.

The next day was spent preparing for and having the party. The party consisted of 120 people largely consisting of Rebecca's parent's friends and family. They were amazingly hospitable and everyone enjoyed the party. There was food aplenty, music, drink and good weather to top it off. I couldn't have asked for a nicer event.

We left Sunday around 3:30 PM, arriving in Conshohocken at 4 AM on Monday. As usual, Rebecca has to work that day at Noon, so we quickly went to sleep. I didn't have to work the next morning, but I was heading to Ocean City NJ for a visit with my vacationing family. Nothing like having a busy summer. ;-) I wish they had frequent flyer miles for cars. Unfortunately, all we're racking up is gas bills and frequent oil changes. Well, all those and some great memories. That makes it worth it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb