York Wild Kingdom


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » York
July 5th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I liked this place. York's Wild Kingdom comprises of an amusement park and a zoo. The zoo is nice, in the sense that it has a variety of animals (some of which are boring if you are someone from the tropics like the goat, duck etc).But some animals are truly beautiful like some species of monkeys, birds like the toucan, cockatoo and the white tiger. You can even take pictures with some exotic creatures and animals like the snake (icky!) and the elephant. Then again, for someone from India, i thought it was too much to pay $ 15 for a photo with an elephant! The Butterfly garden is another attraction worth visiting.

The amusement park is ideal for kids between the ages 2 to 4. The rides are designed for kids of these ages and are totally safe and fun to ride on.

Food is not great, but outside food is allowed. So you can pack sandwiches or whatever and take with you. Also, the price of the ticket to the zoo and park is cheaper when you buy a combined ticket. You could also buy tickets to the zoo for everyone and amusement park tickets just for kids (coz there arent any rides for adults).

Its a nice place for kids. You can keep them occupied for almost a whole day without being bored!

Rating: ***


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb