The Beach and Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Kennebunkport
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left the niceness of Maine and headed back to Boston - along the way we found the beach YAH!!! Julie was too much of a wuss to go for a swim - come to think of it so was I.

The place was just like out of Jaws - the only thing missing was the shark.

The drive back to Boston was no where near as bad as the drive out. We reached where we wanted to stay and asked the magical question "What is the best deal you can offer?" their best deal was $40 cheaper than the stated best deal on their website - one of the grey areas regarding US trading laws is that unless you ask that specific question they are not obliged to answer.....

Anyway for a bit of surreality (if the spelling is wrong or if this is not a word my apologies) - we decided to go to a mexican restaurant in the middle of Boston (think about it - I think the chef and is family make up the Mexican population for the state of Massachusets). The food came out and it is crazy that we have still not learned to share meals (the plate was the size of a hubcab and filled to overflowing)




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



8th November 2010

love the photos. Steve - just in case the grape vine hasn't got to you. Robyn Appleton died in her sleep on Friday 5 November (heart attack). of course everyone is in shock. keep the holiday going strong. take care.

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb