Acadia National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
September 10th 2013
Published: September 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After two days of travelling from Canada to USA it was time to stay in one place if only for one day. The New Brunswick area was awash with rain and the driving was difficult nearly had to stop due to visibility. The journey the following day into Maine was slow due to back road route. It was supposed to be a coastal route of outstanding beauty. Not much beauty to me .

Last evening the Maine Lobster meal was very good, much better than the one I had many years ago in Vegas. The soft shell lobster was succulent and very tasty. The Blueberry pie was tasty but not in my diabetic diet.



Today we woke to find that bad weather is moving across USA and on its way to Maine. So an early start into the Acadia National park. A beautiful area with several routes most one way and the speed limit in low 35 mph. The views from the top of Mount Cadillac were tinged with haze but a great example of glacial intervention over the ice age period. The coastal route took us to Sandy Bay a beautiful bay with fine sand and rugged cliffs flanking the cove. The area has been well adapted to the needs of motorist, walkers and bikers. Everyone exists in harmony.

We followed the trail by a car tour around the main part of the island and then onto Desert island which is the quieter part of the area. Bass harbor was a pretty little town whose industry is centred around fishing. Boat building and fishing boats and nets and cages were scattered on the quayside. Bar Harbor is a busy town set up for visitors and cruise ships. Great local ice cream and food shops, plus bars and restaurants.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb