Maine Day 4 - Acadia National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 - Arcadia National Park - Maine


It was such a rainy day today but we ventured out to tour the Acadia National Park. At the visitors center we purchased a CD driving tour. It was a good investment as it also includes photos of the places we were to see. The CD was very helpful. We traveled all around Mt. Desert Island and Acadia. We also saw the Bass Harbor Lighthouse which is located on the southern most tip of the island. We pretty much covered the whole 108 square miles of Mt. Desert Island.

Before going back to our hotel we stopped at the Atlantic Brewery and had a sampling of their microbrews. We purchased a few of them to try out with Aunt Carol when we meet with her in a couple days. We also purchased some really good stone ground mustard from the brewery.

For dinner this evening we went to the Log Cabin Restaurant right down the road from our hotel. The food was fabulous. We split 2 entrées, the lobster Quesadia and the beef stew. We also wanted to get a picture of the CAT since we didn’t get one the other day but it was too foggy to see it.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb