Day 3 - Yarmouth Nova Scotia 2009


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Yarmouth
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

June 22, 2009 - Monday

Today’s adventure was taking a ride across the Atlantic Ocean on the Cat Ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth NS. Wow, nice little ship! We watched a movie going over and a movie going back. We arrived in Yarmouth Nova Scotia around 11:00 our time (12:00 NS time) and boarded a little tour bus. Our tour bus guide was a cute little 60 year old lady who gave us a great tour. She took us to the Cape Forchu Lighthouse where we had a nice lunch in the tea room. We both had the lobster sandwiches (my 3rd one in 3 days!). This time it was lobster salad on a sandwich. The bread was homemade and was really thick. It was very good. We also split a bread pudding with caramel sauce which was fantastic.

It was raining unfortunately, so the trip wasn’t as pleasant as it could have been. Our guide took us by some beautiful historic houses and houses which were captain’s homes and a well as homes of some fisherman. Some of those houses were so magnificent with all the architectural details unique to each of them.

The Cat Ferry ride over and back was quite turbulent because of the weather. The weather has been rainy and cold today but hopefully it will get better tomorrow. We just got back from the Log Cabin restaurant where we ordered appetizers to take back to our hotel. Yum, we might have to stop at this place for dinner tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd June 2009

Yeah!
I can't help but notice how much eating comes into your blog - but yeah, better eat it now while you can. All is good here. Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Mom

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb