New Orleans & Gulf Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana
September 13th 2012
Published: September 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

New Orleans TrafficNew Orleans TrafficNew Orleans Traffic

RV Park & Bourbon St.
Made our way by car into New Orleans and found the RV Park at the French Quarter. It is very nice and so hard to imagine an RV Park right in the center of New Orleans' main attraction area. Cory said there was no way he was driving the RV here...said he would have a heart attack. So, since it didn't seem sensible for me to do chest compressions on him while driving just to stay there, we opted just to park the car and see the sights in a day. We walked the entire length of Bourbon Street up and back. It always has some interesting sights to see as Lulu found out. Enjoyed the music and local drinks: bourbon milk punch was a favorite. There is still repair work going on at many of the establishments. One favorite spot of ours from another visit was completely torn apart and being redone. We didn't get close to any areas that had complete devastation around the city.

Before returning to our RV, we elected to take the scenic drive along the coast to Biloxi, Mississippi as we have never been in that region. Most of the beach/coast line was strewn
Pat O'Brien's Pat O'Brien's Pat O'Brien's

Two other bands
with grassy, hay-like debris. We passed the casinos and didn't stop....we've had enough gambling and buffets to hold us for ten years. The "Hollywood" did comp our stay in their park, however. We have decided that the campgrounds at casinos are better than the parking lot at Cracker Barrel. They are big, safe and so far for us, free! And, of course, if you decide to go inside...another world awaits!

Now we are heading towards San Antonio, Texas. We won't make it today. Have no idea where we will land but it will be good as this is new territory for us until we hit Houston. If I find a yellow rose for Lulu's hair, the red flower is history.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SightsSights
Sights

Lulu gets kissed + music & shack
More SightsMore Sights
More Sights

Lulu is Riding High on Bourbon St.


14th September 2012

Lulu in New Orleans
it looks as tho Lulu is having too much fun in New Orleans! Are you sure she wants to go to San Antonio? I think that she likes her new friends!!!!
14th September 2012
New Orleans Traffic

Boy Lulu sure gets around. I see u found some interesting characters. Enjoy your adventures. I love reading about them. see u soon!! Miss you guys!! Love Judy & Jeff

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb