Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi - Hollywood Casino


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
September 12th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hollywood Casino RV ParkHollywood Casino RV ParkHollywood Casino RV Park

Staying here couple nights
Our first stop on our winding, unpredictable journey brings us to the Hollywood Casino RV Park in Bay Saint Louis, MS. It is like it was meant to be.....not going to Hollywood, California but staying now 3 times at a "Hollywood" location....it's like we are being compensated in some way. And compensated we were: Mr.Lucky was in full form on the crap table. The other players kept getting him drinks so he would stay - I think he thought he was in Glory Land.....playing craps, drinking Jack Daniels & winning! I think our entire vacation has been funded by his gambling activity. Maybe we should move to Las Vegas and really utilize his steel-plant education skills. The RV campground is nice...it has 100 sites but only about 6 are occupied. Their office is closed from the hurricane damage so we checked in through the hotel. We have all the amenities we need and it seems unharmed to us.

We are driving the car to New Orleans today. We want to check out the RV park at the French Quarter before we haul ourselves into the city central. Before we left Bay Saint Louis, we stopped at the Silver Slipper Casino
Outside Silver Slipper CasinoOutside Silver Slipper CasinoOutside Silver Slipper Casino

Lulu sunbathing "topless"
which advertised their RV park right on the water. Thankfully, we didn't pick this one...the road to the park was closed from damage. Casino was real nice so we gorged ourselves on our 98th buffet. Soon, I shall be wearing "mu-mu's"!!!

We have seen some of the clean- up from the damage done by the hurricane. Large piles of woody debris are piled along the shoulders of the roads. Homes have huge mounds of debris piled high in their yards. Even apartment housing is built up on stilts. We will probably see more once we get around New Orleans. We are on some enormous bridge that seems to go on for miles...not high in the sky, just very long. So different from our Red Bay environment.

Advertisement



12th September 2012

miles long bridge
Is that the bridge that goes over all the Bayou's???? We went on that one.
13th September 2012

Bridge
The bridge was Rt.10 - it looked like it went over a part of the Gulf of Mexico more than bayou's...very busy highway on bridge that could have been @ 10 miles long.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb