06/11/13 - Leaving Vicksburg, Ms headed to Vidalia, La and 6/12 - 6/14/13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Vidalia
June 11th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Vicksburg, Ms enroute to Vidalia, La by way of Duck Commander (Duck Dynasty) in West Monroe, La. Dakota is really excited about that visit.

We made it to Duck Commander, dropped $142.00. When we asked for a second paper bag to separate Dakota's and Briar's purchases, WE WERE TOLD "I WILL HAVE TO CHARGE FOR THAT" !!!! Most of the items for sale there were made in China. A little disappointed with those two facts.

As we were leaving, Dakota and Briar saw Martin coming down the street. He waved, drove on by. Dakota and Briar ran back into the store thinking he was headed in there, but he came back by and stopped at the motorhome looking for them. As it turned out, he was dropping someone off at work and did not want the kids to think he was rude. He waited for Aleta to go get them, then talked to them and allowed his picture to be made. Dakota got a good picture. Martin was a real nice guy, he made me feel better about the visit there.

We headed on to RiverView RV Resort in Vidalia, La. Called my brother, Jeff; and he and his family came over with HUGE crawfish, potatoes, corn, ande fried crawfish tails. THANK YA'LL!!! Delicious!!! They headed out about 11:30pm - really enjoyed the visit. Cody and Cole brought me a "gator snagging rig" for use in the Georgia gator season with Casey.

My sister, Christy and her granddaughter Ryan is also staying in the park. Mom, Pat, Martha, Miranda, Little Jeff, and others came to visit. Family members always come to the park to visit, thank ya'll.

Asked the kids what they would like to do - - - - - - the answer was always the same - SWIM!! so we just hung out at the park and visited with family and friends. Gwen Comeaux came by to visit and we were glad to see her.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb