THE BLUES HIGHWAY: Come in here girl...and bring your daddy with you


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

THE BLUES HIGHWAY: Come in here girl...and bring your daddy with you. Talk about sleazy...barely legal...topless, bottomless...white slick guy beckoning us...big buxom black girl wearing string nickers and bra slouching behind him checking the caterpillar of humanity dawdling past her...ride on. All down the Blues Highway folks waxing lyrical of the delights of New Orleans as if it was the be... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Precious PossessionsPrecious Possessions
Precious Possessions

His guitar & his dog



12th July 2015

Wow!
As always a pleasure to read your stories my dancing friend! What a wonderful moment in life, getting to meet someone that you hold in such high esteem! Seems like you were truly blessed by the god of blues on this leg of your trip!
12th July 2015

Wow!
Always a pleasure to receive your comments as well my Swedish friend. There are moments when listening to Blues that touches both Denise's and my soul...makes our skin and somewhere inside tingle with a pleasure I equate with ecstasy. There were moments in our Blues Highway trip that could not have been better. We've been lucky to have found those moments. Hope my blogs have conveyed some of those.
12th July 2015

We've been patiently waiting......
The next blog is almost upon us! The one with Dangerous Dave and the lovely MJ....can't wait much longer!
12th July 2015

We've been patiently waiting......
Just hope our luck with planes flying through the polar vortex improves or we'll never get there. We'll try our best...but when when we're chasing the blues anything can happen...surprise gig here...serendipity there. Hope we make it...always wanted to get to meet you guys!!!
13th July 2015

When you retire from law...
you should become a promoter as you seem to know everyone in the Blues. Is there a Sydney Blues Fest?
13th July 2015

When you retire from law...
Nice idea Bob but to be a promoter you need heaps of money. There is a Sydney Blues Festival and various others in New South Wales but like live music venues around the world their financial viability depends on "bums on seats" or ticket sales so many do not survive long. The off-shoot of the famous Byron Bay East Coast Bluesfest at Deniliquin (where we saw Bonnie Raitt, Santana, Steve Miller, Status Quo, Jimmy Cliff, Tony Joe White etc) only lasted two years as the promoter felt it wasn't making enough money! I'll be speaking to a promoter I know about Troy Turner. Fingers crossed.
15th July 2015

Like I was dancing along!
Dave- amazing writing...I was grooving along in my chair as I read:) Loved the poetic(s) of this, it felt like spoken word...I am so happy to hear that your adventures have not abated for a moment ...that they continue to "ride on". Thank you for the awesome post!
15th July 2015

Like I was dancing along!
Delighted Sean & Erin have hopped on the Blues Train and have picked up the vibe and are grooving along. Just reached halfway. Ride on.

Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 50; qc: 190; dbt: 0.2692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb