Day 19: New Orleans - Contiki Day 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 25th 2012
Published: January 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas, today we celebrated christmas with a small sleep in. At 10am we had our group chrissy brunch, where some of us desided to dress uo in ugly christmas sweaters an cheesy head wear.We sat around eating and descussing the previous noghts events for about an hour or so, then we were off.

Being our only free day in New orleans we all decided to go look around and see the sights. As Marlee didn't make it to breakfast in a small group of us desided to head out on a Maccas search before we meet back at the hotel at 1pm to head outan d explore the city. Nothiing was open, nothing except a Denny's with a line a mile long of hungry people, just like us, so we bailed on breakfast and headed back to the hotel to make some call back home.

At 1pm after speaking to the owner for ideas on what to do today we headed to the cinema to see if anything was on. Unfortunatley there was nothing till later that night so we walked to the French Quater. After stopping for ice ream and Subway for Marlee 6 of us desided to hire a Mule and cart to take us on a 30minute ride around the French Quater streets. We saw many amazing things like, haunted houses from real life horror stories, the oldest bar, which used to be a blacksmiths shop pirates used, Angelena and Brad's house & jonny Deeps haunted house. Plus many other things too. We were glad we did this as otherwise we wouldnt have seen nearly anything of new orleans.

After we all headed to a late lunch at a cafe which finished at about 4.30 then we headed to our hotel where a couple of people had a room party. we didnt last there long and went to Cheryl and Marlee's room and started our own party. we ended up with 10 or so people playing cards, having a picnic party ( all of ours junk foods and just chilling. This was our very chilled christmas. The only worrying thing was we turned on the news and apparently we were on Tornado watch, however the night ended without a hiccup and we were all fine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.8kb