Day 18 Contiki Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 24th 2012
Published: January 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today it was bags to coach 7.45, it was Christmas Eve. We were on our way to New Orleans. After a day of traveling and nothing really interesting in particular we arrived at 5pm. A quick bus tour of the sity and they we arrived at our hotel with a little bit of time to get ready and freshen up and we were back down stairs at 7.30 to exchange our secret santas with everyone. It was so nice, we all got our little presents (mostly all were from Walmart) i got a cowboy calendar from Texas, and katherine got nail polish and face masks etc.

Then at about 8pm we all began walking down to the Missisippi river for our Dinner cruise on an old river boat. The food was very authentic New Orleans, serving such things as Gumbo and Jumbalia, then we made our way down the river for a couple hours. The cruise finished at 10pm, apretty slow way tostart your evenng in New Orleans, not an optional extra we would recommend, save your money for Bourbon st.!!!

We all then made our way down to Bourbon St. A very famous street known for their signiture drink the Hurricane! The 1st bar we went to we all got a drink called the Hand Grenade, in the shape of a grenade, it was gross, so strong but we all drank it. Then the next bar we went to we decided to be brave and get the Hurricane, It was super sweet and took ages to drink but it was also not too bad. Then we all kind of went our own ways and spilled out onto Bourbon st. The rest of the night inculded bar hopping, pizza, frozen daquaries and sitting in window seals. It was a messy night, but it was super fun. Marlee and I left for home about 3.30 and katherine and the others were still out. I got back to my room and passed out nearly straight away, in the morning I asked katherine what time she got back and she said about 4.30.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb