Quiet day in the Big Easy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
October 25th 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Gday again

Quick report tonight.

Quiet day. Tackled the street car system today - stretching out to all points of the compass under our own initiative. Did some walkin in City Park then checked out the 'Garden District' - the area settled initially by the Americans when Luisiana (along with a handful of other states) was annexed - from what I understand, under the Luisiana Purchase agreement with France in 1803.

Then some more walking in the Audubon Park before returning to peruse the markets in the French Quarter. Tonight we had dinner in there also - but I needed to be a bit discreet as the diet is not perfect for me ........

The highlight was seeing the magnificent old houses in the Garden District - as well as the tram rides - which were good fun and quite cheap.

Overall it is a bit quieter in here tonight as it is sunday night - and the local football team - The Saints - lost.

Anyway, a few random pics from the day for your perusal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



25th October 2010

Finally
Great to see you have ditched the Anoraks!!!!! You actually look like you are on holiday now .....

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1024kb