Everything's better with Voodoo!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
January 13th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So next day I decided to buy a Voodoo doll. But I didn't want one of those crappy ones from the souvenir shop. I wanted the real thing. Of course you don't have to look far for a good Voodoo shop in New Orleans! Even if these are very commercial themselves, they at least give that authentic feeling. While someone was having their hand read at the back and the woman at the desk was shouting at the nosy tourist touching the shops shrine that had big signs all over saying just how much bad luck it is to touch the bloody shrine, I could wander freely amongst African Voodoo gods, magic powders and scary masks. That's where I found bob, don't laugh! He's our Voodoo doll of protection now, so our plane can't possibly crash, we wont be robbed or even have a flat tire. I'll put a picture up for you to see. You could say, he magically attracted me and got my attention. This was meant to be. Or you could say he only cost 20 $ instead of 34 $ and I thought he'd look real cool at home in our hallway! We drove cable car and saw the pretty old houses. We had a tasty pick nick at the river side in the sun. That's where I first tried muffellettas, a sandwich and pecan pie! I'm in love with pecan pie, pronounced something like peycaughn pie. If you insist on saying peecan pie, you get a problem with the locals. We spent some time in this very nice and local hippie-like bar, where they had good tea at last. And then in the evening a surprise! We found a great place to eat! The Gumbo Shop doesn't just sell gumbo, but all great creole dishes. It taste great, service was very friendly, wasn't over priced and no one was ill afterward! We walked the streets a last time, enjoyed the awful cocktails and the great music and had a beer in the dark blacksmiths bar. See y'all and let the good times role!as the locals would say.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb