Biz travel to New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 9th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Haunted FireplaceHaunted FireplaceHaunted Fireplace

Deb posing at a haunted fireplace
One last Trip of the year... Deb & I ventured out to New Orleans bright and early on Sunday morning to attend PowerGen. By the time we arrived, it was mid-afternoon and the sun was soon setting. The weather was unusually warm, so we took some time to settle into the hotel & then venture out in to the French Quarter - which turned out to be only a block away from the Hotel.

For a Sunday night, I was suprised to see so many people walking around the streets. We managed to find a fun resturant (Red Fish Grill) to have some appetizers for dinner. (Yummy BBQ Oysters, shrimp, and crab claws!) After dinner, we wandered about & found an outdoor courtyard to listen to a Jazz Quartet that was playing. It was just like in the movies! So we sat and listened for an hour or so before calling it an early evening.

The next morning, we head out to Cafe D'Mond for a breakfast of bengets (sp?) and coffee. It's a very famous spot in New Orleans that serves a very simple menu 24 x 7 -- begnets, black coffee, cafe late, and juice. The powdered
French QuarterFrench QuarterFrench Quarter

wandering around the French Quarter...
sugar on the bengets was an inch thick -- soon I had powered sugar all over the front of me... and around my mouth, my camera, everywhere! We took a bit of time to wander around the streets, checking out all the resturant menus posted in the windows, peeking into the tourists shops, buying little gifts, and doing general sight seeing.

After spending some time in the afternoon catching up on emails and connecting with our other co-workers who came out to man the booth with us, we decided to check out a Ghost Tour that night. (Of course the only "spirits" I saw were in the bar that outr tour guide stopped us at mid-way thru the tour!) It was a very interesting historical perspective none-the-less and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

For the next few days, we spent our time at the New Orleans Convention Center down by the Marina for PowerGen Conference. There was literally rows & rows of booths manned by thousands of people. It was so BIG & there was so much to see. Some booths had magicians, painted or costumed characters, & former child-stars to draw in the crowds.

By the time
Cafe DCafe DCafe D

We ate breakfast here one morning
we left on Thursday evening, we were ready to be at home. It was a nice visit to New Orleans. Will make sure to go back soemtime NOT on business.

Until next year......!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Jazz GardenJazz Garden
Jazz Garden

This is where we lilstened to Jazz quartet the first night we were in town.
Gov't buildingGov't building
Gov't building

This is where the old Gov't building used to be.
Haunted site???Haunted site???
Haunted site???

On our Ghost tour, we learned that Nicolas Cage owns this building
Bourbon Street @ NightBourbon Street @ Night
Bourbon Street @ Night

from a ground view...
Deb sets upDeb sets up
Deb sets up

We had a bit of video trouble so Deb was trying to fix it
Vendors w/ DebVendors w/ Deb
Vendors w/ Deb

There were lots of vendors stopping by to see if they could do business with us. These are a team we currently work with.
GraveyardGraveyard
Graveyard

Took this our taxi windown on way to airport.


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb