Red stick


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » Baton Rouge
November 6th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!

On Saturday morning we set off at 7am for the long drive via Houston to Baton Rouge in Louisiana. This part of the trip was a bonus. We were supposed to go to New Orleans but instead Fitz arranged for us to camp at his dad's place for two nights just outside Baton Rouge.

On Saturday night, Fitz took us to the 'homecoming' football game at his old college, Louisana State University and we had a fine time "tailgating" (eating Jamabalaya and drinking beer from the back of a pick-up before the game), buying t-shirts, hats and pom-poms, supporting LSU and trying to enjoy what has to be the most boring game in the world but wrapped up in the most amazing spectacle and enthusiasm complete with cheerleaders and huge marching band. LSU won a convicing victory. We ended up partyting downtown with the other fans until the small hours of the morning.

The next day, we visited a couple of ante bellum houses and then celebrated UK 'bonfire' night a day late but complete with home-made hamburgers, an huge bonfire and the burning of an guy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Crossing a bayouCrossing a bayou
Crossing a bayou

Going into Louisiana


Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb