United States of America 6 - Iowa/ Dubuque / A village in Wales and fields of cows


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Dubuque
June 15th 2001
Published: January 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wales Wales Wales

The Village Hall
We left Indianapolis and had to decide where to go to next. We had a few days to fill before we drove back to Chicago to meet up with relatives again. We had ideas that we would like to see Oklahoma and Texas but felt we didnt have enough time to do both of them so instead we headed north to Dubuque in Iowa.

Dubuque is located along the Mississippi River, not quite as wide as it is in St Louis nor was it quite so muddy. The city lies at the junction of three states of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. It is one of the few cities with hills in Iowa. We noticed a difference in countryside. Gone were the flat cereal growing farmlands and were replaced by mile upon mile of green meadows, Dutch barns and cows. The same can be said of Wisconsin where we intended travelling through next.

We had the chance of another river ride on the Mississippi but decided instead to visit the Museum of River life although our visit was curtailed due to a couple of upset stomachs.

The National Rivers Hall of Fame allows you to live the the drama
Wales Wales Wales

In America not home
of river people from all across America. Filmshows explore the nation's rivers .

The hall of fame featured of the country pioneers and and the artists who are no longer living. They were movers and shakers from the days gone by and the recent past. We did rush round but found it quite fascinating.

We spent the night there before moving north and fell upon a little piece of home. Wales . A touch unexpected Wales lies in Waukesha County and was settled in the 1840's by Welsh immigrants from Caernarfonshire. All the signs were emblazoned with the welsh dragon and the graveyard was full of Jones's, Davies's and Williams's It felt like home from home and we were made most welcome in the tiny village hall. Red dragon flags flew over houses.

Wales was a lovely place full of really friendly people who knew about their history and much about Wales itself. We were asked about home and they were really pleased to meet us and talk about Wales and Welsh.

Advertisement



13th January 2012

Thank you: The given information is very effective. I will keep updated with the same: mlm software noida

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb