Heading to Jonathan and Jan Edward's home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana
August 1st 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3736, -86.2606

I woke up around 4:30am and waited until about 5:15 to wake Glenn up.

Since we only had our "overnight bags" and nothing else inside the Binder's house, it was easy to get ready and leave. We of course left before dawn and headed towards Indiana where Jonathan and Jan Edwards live. We had said our goodbyes to the Binders the night before.

Glenn needed to fill up with gas before we got much further down the road. Once we got on the interstate, we stopped for breakfast at Chick-fil-A in St. Joseph' Mo. We had never eaten breakfast at a Chick-a-Lay (as Emily would say).

Instead of dipping down into Kansas City and driving to St. Louis and then over to Indiana, we chose to drive across the northern part of Missouri. It was on a 4 lay highway, and we never really had to slow down much for stops in the towns. However, it was raining a lot and the speed limit was 65 instead of 75 which we were use to. Glenn drove this portion - especially in the rain. We were on highway 36 to Hannibal, MO that connected us to I 72 and we continued across Illinois.

Glenn and I stopped at a Wal-mart store in Jacksonville, Illinois and picked up some crackers, coke and banana to eat for lunch. We had thought about asking our "host" for a packed lunch before we got on the road the next day, but didn't do that at the Binder's house.

I drove some more in Illinois. It pains me to know that we were 50 miles away from Scott and Carol Boerckel, but didn't stop. Glenn assured me that it was ok, since we had just seen them in April.

Once driving into Indiana, we texted Jon and Jan to see if they wanted us to eat before arriving. They said "come on".

We took the loop around Indianapolis and headed on some back roads to Morgantown. Beautiful corn fields! Shady tree roads, etc.

We pulled up at the Edwards house at 6:30pm. Yes, another 12 hour day. Tired. Jonathan had prepared some delicious "smoked ribs" for dinner. Delicious. We sat around the dinner table and talked. I was one tired "Grammie". Jon and Jan showed us their house that they had built. Lovely home.

No pictures today


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb