A day with Jon and Jan - Nashville, IN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Nashville
August 2nd 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.2072, -86.2511

We really slept in today. Glenn woke up at 8:30am. I woke up at 7:30am and did some computer work. Since we all slept in, we didn't eat breakfast until 9:30am. Jan had fixed some english muffins, sausages and scrambled eggs. Then afterwards Jon read to us and we just had a "season" of sweet fellowship.

I just had to "excuse" myself and take my morning nap. I laid down from 11:15-1:00pm. Good nap. I guess I was tired from everything over the past few weeks- watching g'kids, helping with G'mommy and G'daddy. I'm also fighting a sore throat too.

Jon and Jan's daughter, Mary and 3 of her 4 kids came over for hotdogs and chips. Very well-behaved and respectful kids. We enjoyed getting to meet Mary. The Edwards know our children, but we had never met their children.

After Mary left with the kids, we sat down and had hot dogs, chips, and fruit salad. Very delicious. I also told Jon and Jan about Letterboxing. Yes, "Where's George?" series are in the local nearby town of Nashville, IN.

We then elected to drive into Nashville and do the two letterboxes there - plus we wanted to see Mary's husband who was doing a renovation job there. Nashville, IN is a famous little touristy spot that has lots of crafty stores, homemade sweet shops and just a hometown feeling.

After meeting Rob, we walked to the corner and found LetterBox #1 and then Letterbox #2.

We walked down to the local icecream store, the Chocolate Moose. I had lemon custard. Pretty good.

We swung by the IGA grocery store and Glenn purchased some corn for our supper tonight. We came on home and John is grilling out chicken for supper tonight.

After reviewing the day, Jon was saying "I guess Judy is going to rate this B&B poorly, since she found a dead mouse in the bathroom this morning." However, it is a GOOD thing that they are making progress on eliminating the vermin. Truly I would have to give this place a 5 star rating out of 5! We ate delicious food, smoked ribs, corn on the cob, delicious home made Key-lime pie. The best part was to be with our dear friends, Jon and Jan. Jon is the head of the Pastoral Care department of Camino Global. So, he's our boss.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb