Heading to Nebraska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska
July 31st 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.1783, -96.0964

Sunday morning, Glenn and I had to finish cleaning the Lazy Bear Lodge. We went to bed at midnight, so we needed to do the vacuuming if the den and bedrooms early in the morning. We finished up cleaning the house around 6am and left for Nebraska.

Glenn drove from Frisco down I 70. We saw the sunrise. Beautiful.

We stopped on the other side of Denver at a hotel there, for me to go to the bathroom. Glenn got a cup of coffee and a muffin, and then I started driving.

For lunch we ate at Lincoln Hiway Diner in North Platte, NE. It was about 15 minutes off of the interstate. The food was ok. The place was kinda ratty however there were lots of "locals" there. We shared a "chicken fried steak dinner" plate. Just enough.

We continued driving towards Lincoln Nebraska, and from there we headed south. We arrived at the Binder's place just after 6pm. We were thinking we would have dinner there, but nothing, just some donuts. But that was ok.

After we visited for a while, we walked across the street to the cemetery and saw the headstone that the Binder's have already put up. Very pretty and impressive. As we walked through the cemetery, we learned story after story of those people who had grown up in Table Rock and had passed away. We even saw where a tomb stone said that the little boy was "shot by an Indian". Interesting stories. Note fotos.

It was a long day, driving about 12 hours, and then losing an hour when we crossed into Indiana. I think we went to bed around 10pm.

I noticed one of my cross-stitches that I made 35 years ago, hanging in the bedroom. That brought a smile to my face.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb