Sublime to the Ridiculous in the U.S.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Indianapolis
August 29th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Corps Park EntranceCorps Park EntranceCorps Park Entrance

Chicago can spend!
Our trip was really from the ridiculous to the sublime but I felt quoting Napoleon should be accurate....so first we camped in Illinois at Corps of Engineer Parks (ridiculous) and then off to Indianapolis for a Family Motor Coach Rally (sublime) of more than 2,000 coaches.

We found some beautiful COE parks in Illinois to spend time in while waiting for the FMCA rally. Obama had spent wheel barrels of money to upgrade the parks. Electric was upgraded to 50 amp, which our coach appreciates. In two parks a 5,000 sq ft Visitors Center was erected which made the one (yes, one) ranger on duty quite comfortable. Oh, they also put in aquariums. So as seniors we can camp at $12 a night with full hookups. Thank ya'll for your stimulus tax money!

Pheuuu! Hissy fit is over. We went on up the road in Purdue University proximity. Fortunate for us we found a veternarian group for Princess (all Purdue grads) who decided to do ultra sounds to see if we could finally find out the WHY to her tummy problems. We knew the dementia was beyond help. Sadly a tumor incapsulates the adrenal gland.

Purdue was offered
New Corps of Eng BldgNew Corps of Eng BldgNew Corps of Eng Bldg

Stimulus Money!
to us for further diagnosis. Since our friends Sue and Dave had recently lost their beloved Corgie to a similar diagnosis we decided not to. She is 17-1/2. The docs also supplied us with 3 months of heart medicine to get us through the Fall. One day at a time. Enough said.

White Oaks RV Resort, near Lafeyette, Indiana, is a nice place and the area is tiny-town picturesque.

We found the FMCA rally in Indianapolis very friendly and quite accomodating to nearly 2,000 motorcoaches. Early mornings we watched the surrey horse trainers on the track and evenings were full of entertainment. Once our credit card started protesting all the purchases we settled down and took it easy. Our last night there we joined up with friends Ted and Karen. They are working "Healthy Gourmets" at rallies and home shows across the country. Personal testimony...I bought the same cookware when I was 16 years old for my hope chest. (On a payment plan of course.) They are fantastic! Headed to Horseshoe Lakes Thousand Trails to wait out the Labor Day Weekend. We've requested absentee ballots and are planning on seeing 2016, The Movie!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Camping at the RallyCamping at the Rally
Camping at the Rally

Nearly 2,000 rigs!
FriendsFriends
Friends

Karen and Ted
Tram at the RallyTram at the Rally
Tram at the Rally

Indy Fairgrounds
Morning WorkoutMorning Workout
Morning Workout

FMCA Fairgrounds


6th September 2012

Great Hearing from You!
Guess you weren't overly impressed w/the COE parks, for the money spent on them. Glad you're getting to see so much of the country. If you're ever back in Texas, give me a holler. Princess is that old? Hard to believe. Happy, safe travels!
6th September 2012

Illinois and Indiana
Hi Karen and Tom, Nice Corps of Engineers Building and Park Entrance. Wow--they really did spend some money. Surprised to see that many rigs show up for the rally. Happy Traveling. May God Bles, Joannie
6th November 2012

Travels
I understand you just went on a cruise! How wonderful.
6th September 2012

Hope you Keep Heading South!!
Love reading your blog!! Great pictures too. Can't believe that little Princess is still handing on.....God Bless Her! Give her a big kiss from Aunt Donna and Uncle Rich. We saw the movie 2016 a few days ago. REALLY SCARY! It will confirm everything we already considered. Unfortunately this man could tell some people out there that the earth is flat and they would believe him... So Sad

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb