On the Run: 2008 Indy Mini 500


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Running and traveling are my passions. Naturally, one of my dreams is to run races in different places. Running with a camera in my Race-Ready shorts is no longer a daunting task. After all, you can't never anticipate what you will see on a race course.

Indianapolis is well know for its Speedway. In the running community, it is also well known for the annual sell-out event, the One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon. It is the largest half marathon in the U.S.

I came for the opportunity to run a lap on the famous speedway just 3 weeks before drivers of the Indianapolis 500 start their engines.
This is one of the best race so far! The weather condition was perfect for running. Live music, cheer groups, dance troupes from the start line all the way to the finish line. There was absolutely no dull moment during the race. It was a BLAST!

While following the route past the Indianapolis Zoo, I noticed that the elephants were standing on their paddock hills, actually watching the race. I can only imagine what they were thinking, " are these humans being chased by lions?"

Of course, the highlights of the race is the loop on speedway. Just imagine all these people on the speedway. Spectacular!

After the entire winter of running injuries, I surprisingly ran the fast half marathon so far. I finished in 2:11:11, 5 min faster than the 2007 Chicago Distance Classic.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb