RIHILA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Piracy still exists today in the country of Somalia. Since 1991, the central government fell and extended the piracy throughout the waters near by. Now, the waters are considered some the most dangerous shipping lanes in the world.



2. The authorities have left most of it in the hands of the European Union. In May 2012, the European Union decided to hit a raid on the Pirates while they were at their Pirate den. They also toughened the patrol around the Somali cost to keep Pirates away. The authorities are not doing everything they can to keep pirates away. They should not call war with the pirates, but make sure to get rid of them. Another solution could be calling peace with the Pirates, and having them patrol the sea for other pirates.



3. Do I think piracy is ever justifiable? No, but many of them live off of that type of lifestyle. Back then during the age of exploration it was not as bad as it is today. Going by the modern days, being a pirate is not the way people should live. Stealing, taking hostages, and killing people is never okay because of the damage you are doing to other economies. In my point of view, no one should live the life of a Pirate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb