RIHILA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 26th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<a name="_GoBack"></a>1. El Dia De Los Muertos, or better know as Day of the Dead has been going on from more than 500 years. It was founded when the Spanish Conquistadors landed in what is now Mexico, they saw many natives practicing a ritual that seemed to mock the dead. Now in the modern days, they do not mock the dead. Instead they build an altar in the home and surround it with food, pictures, flowers, and light candles next to the altars.

2. This article is very interesting to me, because I did not know how important it was to the natives. I also did not know that the Spanish were trying to convert the natives into Christians because they thought the way they honored the dead was disrespect. This was a very interesting article, and made me want t look up more about the day of the dead.

3. This article connects to class because these were some of the few things that happened when Spain discovered Mexico. This is more of the inside things that was going on within the native community that is not talked about so much.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb