RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
February 21st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. These group of scientist came up with a study, to test if a group of 26 residents of germany knew their way through a certain part of Tubingen, Germany to learn if they can navigate without a GPS. They found out that most of them knew their way around while all facing te same way, which was north. These group of scientist feel that the only reason people don't use maps if because everyone is starting to rely on technology. Also, using a GPS is not the best way to navigate around a certain area, because if it ends up breaking you might find yourself lost.

2. My reaction was a slight "wow", because I'm personally really good with directions. Also, its true about what they say about a GPS breaking because if it does break, you won't know your way around at all. It was also pretty cool how they took a group of people from Germany and tested they're knowledge.

3.This article is related to what we are learning in class because of the way it has to do with maps and routes. Also, how travelers have to explore the route a few times before they write a map to put certain signs, or landmarks to show the way to and from a certain spot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb