RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 4th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) Piracy, according to the article, continues to exist in the wold by pirates who attack ships crossing certain water ways and holding the ships and maybe people captive for ransom. The article I read specifically focused on Somalia and how pirates have hijacked hundreds of ships passing the Arabian Sea, netting hundreds of millions of dollars and costing the world more than $5 billion a year. Even in the modern world, pirates continue to steal from poor ships that happen to cross unlucky waters.

2) For one thing, it seems that pirates don't straight steal from the ship, they hold the ship and people hostige and demand ransoms. In earlier times, pirates attacked the ships and took whatever wealth it held and left. Appart from more modern weapons, I also think that their clothes and styles may have changed as well. They might not look like the typical "Pirates of the Caribean" pirates.

3) They are trying to create a sophisticated, highly trained fighting force that could defeat the pirates. It doesn't seem to be working, however, and I think another approach should be taken. Maybe ships should be banned from sailing, until pirates starve from no ships to steal from. If anyone wants to go on a boat ride, they can go to some place like Navy Pear, where its safe and secure. Instead of using boats to cross merchandise over, they can use planes. I think if the pirates don't get people to steal from, they will eventually run out of bussness and will go extinct.

4) I don't think piracy is ever justifiable. Its stealing and, in my eyes, it is wrong. Those who agree with it are probably the ones who benefit from it. I, however, think that no matter how dirt poor someone might be, no one should steal, even from the wealthy. They made their own money so it isn't fair that they have to give money because they are randomly stolen from. Its also scary being stolen from, and I feel sorry for those who are stolen from.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb