RIHLA # 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
December 15th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

" Unveiling Europe"

1. Hind Ahmas' veil is different from other Muslim because it covers the whole body. Unlike other veils that only cover the face, the veil for the whole body is illegal in France.

2. Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because France has forbid covering one's face in public. Ahmas does not like the law because she says " This law has made my life miserable," However, she still wears her veil, even though she has gotten in trouble with the law.

3. The defenders of the law reasons for supporting this law is because they want to help those so cover themselfs. The first reason is they feel people who hide their faces in public prevents them from fully participating in French society. The second reason is because they could enable crime, or even terrorism.

4. No, I do not think the government should be able to decide what a female should wear. Women should be able to decide what they feel like wearing because is freedom of expression. Thus, is not just freedom of expression also freedom of religion that plays a big part of a womans expression in clothes. If she wants to dress how many women of the religion dress then she should without any worries or regrets, what many people might think. Is her choice, body and life; the government should never play a part of what people should wear if its normal or religious clothes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb