Rihla #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
March 1st 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern slavery is way different from slavery throughout history because of the plantations and where slavery is happening, but besides that everything else is the same.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

This collects to Prsident Lincoln because he wanted to abolish slavery and end slavery due to how demeaning it was to the African Americans.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

This project is about how the sex trade is very bad and what it does to people who are involved and doesn't help them at all

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I think that this is kind of a form of slavery because they are being used for free or little money, so this is really bad just as much as slavery. Maybe a little less.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I think that a form of modern day slavery now is probably what kids are doing now to get money for their family. Their family may want drugs and they use their kids to do it.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

What are ways we can arrest these people who are involved in the sex trade.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb