Rihla #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
February 17th 2012
Published: February 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

Some reasons books are banned in high schools is the fact that they don't teach students anything and their message they really are trying to show is demeaning and is influencing students to do wrong decisions.

Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

I strongly do not agree with this because they are actually the most intersting books. In school they give us Shakespeare and old books that we aren't interested in. They aren't giving us books that relate to what is going on in life today. I think if students were to actually read these books, they would understand life a little better and probubly do something positve against the book or negative against or towards the book.

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?

I really answered this question in the previous answer I gave for agreeing or disagreeing with them.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?

The principal, the people in charge of the schools, and the community outside of school. What the teachers see because it mainly their decision in the end.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.

I think that if anyone could fight against book censorship it would be a student because the children are the future and it's their job to do what's right and make the world better, so people would have to listen to them due to us changing the world and making a positive multigenerational change.

Any other additional thoughts or comments?

I think that books shouldn't be banned because it limits our education and who wants to do that?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb