RIHILA#5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
October 11th 2011
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Steve Jobs really seemed to come from Buddhism only because he really embraced the idea of loving yourself before others concept. Jobs really seemed to hit on the idea that you can be as self-centered as possible, egoistic, and selfish to make yourself happy, but don't let it take over you. Do good and live good, which aligns with what Buddhism believes since it is based on having inner peace.

2) From his list of lessons, which one do you relate to most? Why?
Looking at Jobs' list, I think I relate the most to when Jobs' says "'We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?'" because it reminds me of another quote that says "If you ever feel like your nothing, just remember you were the fastest sperm." These two relate because they are basically saying that one shouldn't feel down on oneself and remember that there is a reason why one is on this earth which is something that I constantly have to remember.

3)After browing through his achievements (click through the pictures to see some of his greatest creations), how do you these these technological advancements have affected our economy?

I think Jobs tech advancements have made our economy grow exponentially. He put America as one of the most powerful nations for technology and for that we have to salute him. Moreover, he put our sales through the roof, even if it also helped China along the way because Apple Inc. doesn't use the American materials they use Chinese. Overall, his advancements in tech helped our economy grow and move at a faster speed but also helped China's.

4) How do these articles relate to what we are learning in class? Any other points you would like to make or ask?

These articles about Jobs relate to what we are learning in class because they basically show us a modern version of Buddhism. It's not exactly parallel but they have many similarities. Also, his advancements go along with how agriculture was pushing civilizations to grow and expand which is what Jobs did. Otherwise, I really like a lot of his quotes and it really makes me sad and nervous that he died because I now wonder how we are going to get great inventions after his death.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb