WE'RE BACK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
April 12th 2011
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Camp Rose formal dining roomCamp Rose formal dining roomCamp Rose formal dining room

32505 Village Green Blvd Warrenville, IL 60555
After 3 hard days of driving we are back in Illinois. We arrived Saturday afternoon and moved right into our apartment.

Our new address is:
32505 Village Green Blvd
Warrenville, IL 60555

We are still using our cell phones and our same email addresses.
It is a little like camping, sleeping on a blow up mattress with sleeping bags and using our camp chairs and our cooler as a table.
But we are glad to be here and our furniture arrives tomorrow. YIPPEE!

All in all it has been a great 5 months. We saw a lot of the country, spent lots of time with family and friends and explored the West and South for our future retirement home. We narrowed it down to two areas, each with their own positives and negatives. Our biggest problem is we have too many options. But time seems to be on our side and we are looking forward to spending the golf season here while we make a decision. We don't think the housing market will have a miraculous recovery between now and Nov 1st.

If you are in the neighborhood, please stop by. We have been the recipients of so much hospitality it is our turn to pay it forward.

We look forward to hearing from and seeing you soon. Thanks for following our adventure. As an aside, after 12,953 miles, we are still speaking!

Signing off the blog for now, but in November, when our lease is up and we head West again we will resurrect it and let you know our final destination. In the mean time keep in touch.

Love,
Joan & Dwight

Advertisement



11th April 2011

So glad to have you back!
After reading about your exploits in Palm Springs and Hawaii while we were enduring the Blizzard of 2011, we thought you'd have better sense than to come back here. But here you are, and we're glad to have you. Can't wait to see you!
12th April 2011

the trip
please keep me on the blog for next year. the very best of good health, and, good news, only.
12th April 2011

HAPPY YOU ARE BACK SAFELY!
Hi - so happy you both made it back safe and in your new apt. I am sure you are busy arranging and putting everything away but can not wait to get together and hear all your adventures in person! Chris
12th April 2011

Home
Glad you made it back safe and sound. It was good seeing you last month. Lionel
12th April 2011

We have loved following you on your adventure! The photos were super as well. Have a great summer playing golf. And I wish you luck in making your decision on where to move!
13th April 2011

Following your adventures
Joanie and Dwight, When we grow up we want to be like you! See you in San Francisco in October if not before. Love, Marion and Jack

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb