UCA!!! UCA!!! Universal Cheerleaders Association


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Urbana
August 12th 2013
Published: August 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Being in Urbana, Champaign was a great experience. I really don't get out much, so I was elated. Cheer camp was both an exhilarating and intense experience. when we first arrived there, we went straight to the gym area where we were quickly introduced to the UCA staff and the other teams who came in from all over the city. The whole reason why we were there was to work on our stunts, so we quickly got set up. The staff chose which teams would go to the Advanced or Elite divisions. They sent us to the Advanced division where we were thoroughly taught how to do specific stunts. The staff also taught us sideline cheers and competition dances. After learning the dance and stunts, we had a duty to fulfill. The staff gave every team a big brother or big sister and with their help, we were to build a whole routine because on the last day, we were planning on entering the competition. We stayed in the dorms at University of Illinois. When it was time to leave to eat, we were still practicing because we were so dedicated. If we did not do it right the fist time, our coaches Ms. Chatman or Ms. Simmons would yell at us because they wanted us to do our absolute best. After eating all that delicious food, we went back to practice again. Since today was evaluation day, we were all pumped up. Today the staff would tell us if we were game ready, competition ready or nationals ready. After we preformed, they gave us the nationals ribbon. We were extremely off the walls. The next day was competition, so we practiced all day with intensity. The next day came, and we performed. Unfortunately, we did not win, but we did win an improvement award. I will never forget that weekend!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb