The Chicagoan Experience


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 8th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A basic Chicagoan experience is that when you are walking in downtown most people are rude and don't want to move to the side to let you walk. Also there is a lot of traffic in downtown and you need to watch out for cars. Another one is visiting the bean and basically going to Millennium Park and just walking around. Sometimes it is nice and peace to walk around there and a lot of people like to enjoy taking pictures at the bean. A Chicagoan experience is going on the train to downtown and hanging out with friends. I know that a lot my friends like to go to the beach during the summer and having a great time with their friends and family. I like to go to the beach or just spending my whole day in Chicago especially during the night when its 9 because then its dark outside and the lights from the downtown look really pretty. To me its peaceful walking around at downtown at night. I know from experience at Muchin I had to do community service and had to be at school by 4am and it looked really peaceful and quiet at night. There isn't really anyone walking around and also there is not traffic. Another Chicagoan experience is going to Navy Pier. I know that the first time i went this summer was really fun. There are a lot of rides to go on and its just a nice place to go with friends and family. Another one is getting lost in downtown. I think that no matter what people will eventually get lost in downtown and end up having to ask someone where to go. Another Chicagoan experience is wanting to have Starbucks coffee. I know that there are always a Starbucks on every block from downtown and another one is basically the people that you meet. You also really learn how to ride the train and the bus to get to places and you basically learn your directions. Also going to the winter wonder fest and going ice skating in downtown during the winter time and having some hot chocolate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb