RIHILA# 26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) The article that i was reading is about the Bangladesh government treating garment workers unfairly ; therefore, breaking human rights. Garment workers were being paid so little it was under minimum wage in Bangladesh, which is pretty low. Moreover, they were working in buildings that were not supported by the work of garment workers. This led to the death of more than 1, 100 garment workers. Also they were not able to form work unions until recently.Overall, Bangladesh government was mistreating their workers caused them to break human rights.

2) Human rights were violated because in right # 23 in Human rights declaration it says if you are human you can have workers rights. Clearly the Bangladesh government was breaking these rights because they were mistreating their workers. Also violated the right for a worker's union, which was barley fixed recently.

3) I think that the Bangladesh government should make workers live in a a safe working environment and make it a law. This ensures the safety of the workers meaning it supports human rights. I think that garment workers should get paid minimum wage or even more to ensure the happiness of the workers. Again this supports human rights.However, the Bangladesh should get financial help to make this all happen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 997.3kb