RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 21st 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The article was about Bangladesh garment workers who were not getting equal pay or having the same work opportunities. The workers have to be at their job for a large portion of the day. The building that they were working in collapsed because it was poorly structured and it was not approved by anyone to have workers inside. Later on the building collapsed and it killed 1,100 people.

One of the rights that were violated was article 23 because the workers wanted to form a union. In article 23 it said that everyone has a right to form and to join trade unions;however, factory workers were not receiving the equal wages or a trade union. The factory workers are working very hard and are not receiving their equal pay, so under article 23 that is another thing that is being violated.

I feel that it is unfair that the workers at these factory are working very hard and do not have a safe work place or receiving the equal pay for the work that they do. They deserve a union and fair enough pay for the work that they do. To solve this problem they should be able to create a union, have a better building structure, and make sure they are in good conditions.
<hr class="divider_hr clear" />

Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb