RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. I believe that the U.S. government should keep the promises they made to the Native American treaties because that's what makes our country the best. If the U.S. government doesn't make those promises, the Native Americans can possibly go to war with the United States. However, it doesn't matter if the treaty was made 200 or 300 years ago, a promise is a promise no matter what. If a treaty still exists, then it's still a promise. Also, the U.S. government should keep the promises they made because it's not only what the U.S. wants from the Natives, but also what the Natives want from the U.S. The U.S. government should be far as well. For example, when the U.S. government allowed the Natives to capture whales, and the Natives allowed the U.S. to take 90 percent of their land, a new law was passed out saying that there were no more capturing whales. In this case, the United Sates got what they wanted, but the Natives didn't. The United States could have done something to fix the law, but instead they didn't do anything about it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb