Rihla#23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I believe government should and must continue on keeping their word with the Native American peoples. This is only fair because the people before us forcefully took their land that was rightfully their own. As our government it would show its fairness towards the Native American people if it gives them what they were promised and with out a doubt deserve. It will only create anger among the Natives if the U.S government backs out on what it offers to the indians. We took what belonged to them long ago, it only seems right to give them something in return and equally satisfy their overall loss. Although the Natives ask for independence from the rest of the country, our government should and must respect that and allow them to solve and acknowledge their own problems independently. I think our arrival here to North America disturbed and forever changed the lives of all the Natives in the land. We killed, conquered, and enslaved their forefathers. This is something that will never and can never be fully repaid, but our government should no longer interveen with their lives. We have done enough. The least that can be done is restore their own tribal power among their own people and let them live at peace as the desire.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb