A2 RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 14th 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

I believe that a government should be responsible for abiding by the commitments that its predecessors made. A government is founded on a base set of rules and regulations and no matter who is in charge it should stick to it guns and keep treaties that are already set. In the case of Native Americans today, it is unfair how the United States government is going back on agreements set before most of the politicians changing the treaties were born. The treaties were set in certain situation and built to face issues around that time, some of which still apply today. The treaties were design to treat watch tribe as it's own individual nation. Why should they be broken any deferentially? We don't just go over to countries like Canada and say, " Yeah we know that this is the border that our ancestors set, but ,you know, we need to push it back a few hundred miles". If in that scenario it is not right, then it is the same with the Native Americans. Maybe I push and are a little bias towards this topic due to my heritage, but that still does not excuse the mistreatment of Native Americans. I would only consider going back on an agreement if the treaty was brought up in court each year to make edits based on the previous year. That is why I think a government should be responsible for abiding by the commitments that its predecessor made.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb